I’m a seasoned UNIX/networking engineer and programmer. Nowadays there’s “devops” term which does closer describes my usual role in the projects. Recently I’ve decided I also should (resume) blog in Russian, so here it is: ru.etcinsider.com
I’m open for collaboration and still looking for job opportunities allowing me to express my knowledge and experience. High load is welcome.
— UNIX user/sysad for 16+ years — Linux as primarily desktop OS since 1999 — 6+ years of telecom (Internet Service Provider) experience — from single /24 to own AS with 3 BGP speakers
Robustness, quality, security and privacy — mine key principles for a job I’m doing. My skill set includes:
- revision control systems — Git, Mercurial, SVN, CVS, github, bitbucket
- databases — SQL (MySQL, Postgresql, PL/pgSQL, sqlite), NoSQL (memcached, MongoDB)
- programming — C/C++, /bin/bash sed awk, Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP
- hosting — Amazon EC2, Linode, Hetzner, DigitalOcean, OpenVZ/Virtuozzo based
- web — Nginx, Apache, Squid
- e-mail — SMTP (postfix, exim), POP3, IMAP4 (Cyrus, Dovecot), SPF, DKIM
- networking — QoS, Traffic Control, CARP/HSRP, VLAN, VPNs, Routing (OSPF, BGP), DNS, IP-address planning, Cisco®, Vyatta
- security — Firewalls (netfilter aka iptables, ipfilter, ipfw, Pf), Crypto (dm-crypt, LUKS, OpenSSL), jail/chroot isolation
- virtualisation — OpenVZ, LXC, KVM
- storage — RAIDs, Filesystems, Linux Volume Management (LVM-2), ZFS, DRBD
- config management systems: Ansible, SaltStack
UNIX®-like OSes since 1998 (GNU/Linux: Slackware, SuSe, Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, ArchLinux, BSD: FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/DragonFlyBSD, Mac OS X, Solaris). Familiar with VAX/VMS.